[abc80] abc80sim-3.0-rc1 -- can now also emulate ABC802

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Ons Sep 19 09:39:44 PDT 2018

On 9/19/18 1:18 AM, Fabrizio Caruso wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your hard work!
>
> What is the simplest way to load an ABC800 program into your emulator?
> We start with a raw binary, which we can convert into a hex binary (.ihx).
> Should we convert the raw binary into a bas/abs/... ? and then disk? which disk format?

Eventually you should be able to just drop a .bac file into a the file
directory and run it as PRB:<filename>.

For now, I would wrap it in a disk image in abc830 format, and put it in the
disk directory as either "mo0" or "mo1".

For anything to autostart in ABC800. you need a system file called
basicini.sys which then normally spawns a BASIC program called drini (normally
.bac, but works as .bas too.)  drini then in turn contains another program to
execute. by default "start".

It is also possible to patch basicini.sys to run a different program.

ABC80 also has an equivalent to basicini.sys, which is called basicerr.sys.
This makes it possible to create a disk image which will run on either abc80
or abc800.

I could also do a quick hack to load a file into the ABC802 MEM: device from
the command line.

	-hpa