[abc80] Super Smartaid Cartridge

Anders Sandahl anders at abc80.net
Sön Apr 14 13:11:08 PDT 2019

Hi,

Pictures of the boards:
https://www.abc80.net/archive/luxor/pictures/smartaid/

I also locked after strings in the ROM's but couldn't find any. I also
guessed that they swapped some bits around. When I took the pictures I
realized some things:

1. The board with the sticker "smartaid magnum", looks a lot like a
prototype to me. The circuits are not sanded of, it has this handwritten
label, patch cables (well that was common even on released products) and
it has bigger ROM's. One IC also sits on the top on another one.

2. The "magnum" board seams to use the PCB layout from the "super". This
makes me to suspect that most of the IC's are the same. And those where
not sanded of...

The supersmartaid worked fine last time I tested it (like 15-years ago).
Now I opened it to remove the NiCd battery that normally sits in the hole
of the board. I have never tried the smartaid magnum, I'll try to do that
during the Easter hollidays.

I took one image of the supersmartaid without the socketed IC's so it's
possible to some extent see the traces under them.

/Anders