[abc80] How to load .bac files into an ABC80/800 emulator?

H. Peter Anvin hpa at zytor.com
Fre Sep 7 19:51:30 PDT 2018

On 09/07/18 00:22, Fabrizio Caruso wrote:
> Cool! Thanks Erik!
>
> It works! Unfortunately it is a Windows binary. We would like to integrate it into the C compiler (for all operating systems).
> Can we get the source code?

I have some tools in C and Perl:

https://www.zytor.com/pub/abc80/

https://git.zytor.com/fpga/abc80/abc80.git/tree/data

... the latter includes bin2bac.pl, bin2abs.pl and bin2poke.pl.  The former
supports relocation. The source code for the assembly snippets that run the
whole thing are in bacldr.asm and bacldrr.asm.

ABC800 has a completely different .bac format, but it is actually a *lot*
simpler; it doesn't require post-load compaction of any kind.  I haven't had
time to write a tool for it, but I described it in an earlier post to this
mailing list.

	-hpa