[abc80] Fanns COMAL till ABC 80 eller ABC 800?

Abinsium abinsium at gmail.com
Sön Nov 6 00:51:13 PDT 2016

Finns det någon bild på eller broschyr om MYAB CP/M för ABC 80
respektive ABC 800? Jag googlade men kunde inte hitta något annat än
diskavbilderna.

Jag testade för några år sedan COMAL för CP/M på en billig dator
(DuinoMite-Mini). Tyvärr var VT52-emuleringen dålig så man kunde inte se
markören i COMAL. Det var också problem med att antalet rader var fler
än COMAL förväntade sig, vilket ledde till krascher för vissa kommandon
som skrev på de extra raderna.

https://youtu.be/p_MXmeJkYmg  4:08
Själva videon är dålig, men det finns nyttig information i beskrivningen:
"It's possible to run the common, industrial, seventies OS CP/M-80 on
the DuinoMite-Mini (the world's cheapest computer, cheaper than
Raspberry Pi Model A). In this video I boot CP/M by pressing the
reset-button and starting the development environment for the
programming language Comal-80 (which is like another OS and similar to
e.g. GW-BASIC but ahead of its time). I write a small program which
prints "duinomite-mini" repeatedly on the screen and stop it with the
reset-button. I then load and run a program that prints the first 1000
prime numbers. At the end I print the manual for COMAL to the screen
from CP/M and shuts down.

I have not installed COMAL using the installation program but when I
tried this on another disk image the keyboard worked even worse. Now,
one doesn't see the cursor and can use only part of the screen. This
scrolling problem is due to that the screen in this CP/M has too many
rows but it can be solved by poking an adress in COMAL, but then it
crashes during listing.

In order to run CP/M and ComAL on DuinoMite-Mini you need to flash a ROM
from
http://www.df.lth.se.orbin.se/~mikaelb/duinomite/z80sim-ksd-olimex.zip (
source-code: https://github.com/TheCodeman/z80pack-1.17-ksd-pic32 ) and
get the COMAL disk from
http://www.autometer.de/unix4fun/z80pack/index.html and then change the
name of the disk to drivea.cpm and place it in the root of the
microSD-card. You can discuss CP/M-80 for DuinoMite here:
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=822.0 . One can create new
disks using e.g. the tools of the Linux-version and also import and
export files to and from the disk-images, but this, however, requires
some CP/M knowledge. I did export all Comal-programs on the disk and put
them here: http://www.df.lth.se.orbin.se/~mikaelb/basic/comal/cpm/.

I never used CP/M until now. My 2nd computer, Amstrad PC1512 (w/ 8086 &
later V30), could run CP/M-86 Plus but I used MS-DOS with GNUish tools
and early versions of Windows. I did test CP/M-80 on the Commodore 128
(C128) in 1985. In MS-DOS you could have commandline-editing, history
and filename completion, but CP/M seems to lack some of these features.
But CP/M runs well with a tenth of RAM."

Mvh,
// Mikael