[abc80] Sound of an ABC 80 cassette

Válas Péter sulinet at postafiok.hu
Tis Okt 18 08:01:25 PDT 2011

Hi folks,

I am new here. ABC 80 was the first computer I used in secondary school back
in 1980's and I loved it. It was a successful and popular school computer in
Hungary. Unfortunately, I threw away my cassettes with the programs becuase
I thought I would never need them again. But I still here the music of them
in my ears and I would like to attach it to my homepage. (http://64.hu/64/)
So if anyone has a tape recorder cassette with an original ABC 80 BASIC
program from the nice old times, and is willing to publish the *sound *of it
as public domain or under some Creative Commons license, and can send me a
sample in mp3 or ogg or wav or any audio format, I would be very happy and
grateful. What I need is the first 20-30 seconds of a program or a whole
short program.

Here is the sound of a Commodore 64 cassette, but it is not as nice as ABC
80: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Datasette.ogg
You might send me it in mail or upload it to Wikimedia Commons similarly for
making other people happy, too.

Péter from Budapest